I was watching TV when suddenly I heard rainy sound. I looked up the window, and saw it rained hard outside.
Then, I opened up my fridge, found a left over from last night meal. It still one hour to break-fasting time, so I decided to cook. Last night, I went to mosque and they served Pakistani rice with pita. I ate the pita bread already, the one that left only the rice.
Since it was rain, I want to eat something hot that creamy yet healthy at the same time.
Because the rice doesn’t taste that thick, I pulled out my Indian curry powder from my kitchen board.
As you can see don’t have many ingredients, so I just gonna make a really simple dish, using instant powder. Unfortunately I didn’t captured the way I cooked it, I’ll try better to upload some pictures during cooking next time :D. But, here’s the step.
1. Put little olive oil (or any kind of oil you have) to the pan. Remember to put just a little, since it will be too much oily.
2. Fry the onion, and pour half-cup of water to the pan, stir.
3. Pour 1 tsp of curry powder, a bit white pepper, and stir again.
4. After it mixed up well, put in the rice and stir again until it becomes yellowish.
5. Add green onion and tomatoes, don’t cook for too long since it will be baked anyway.
6. Put it into bowl, and spread the cheddar on top of it. It will be better if you have mozarella.
7. Baked it for 6-8 minutes until the cheese completely melted.
Now, I can enjoy the rain while eating my curry-cheese baked rice. It actually only takes 30 minutes, so no need to rush.